Group Visit Information & Policies
- For general admission, groups receive 1 chaperone at no cost for every 10 children.
- For Disney100: The Exhibition, groups receive 1 chaperone at the child rate ($28) for every 10 children, now through June 16, 2023. After June 16, 2023, chaperone rates do not apply. Group tickets for Disney100: The Exhibition include general admission access to the museum as well.
- Chaperones must be 19 years of age or older.
- One chaperone per 10 ticketed youth (ages 3-18) is required.
- Chaperone rates are not available on weekends, holidays, or during the summer.
- Chaperone rates are applied to groups with 15 or more youth (ages 3-18).
- You must split into smaller groups (10 guests or less, with at least one chaperone) to explore the museum.
- Allowing children in your group to explore the museum unattended, or groups causing a disturbance to other guests, may result in your group being asked to leave the museum.
- If your group is planning to eat during your visit, a lunchroom must be reserved in advance. Lunchrooms are only for groups that have scheduled a lunch time in advance.
- Lunchrooms are reserved for 25-minute time slots at $25 per time slot and can accommodate up to 150 guests. Groups of 151 guests or more must book an additional lunchroom time slot for an additional $25 fee.
- Lunches may be brought in through the business entrance on 20th Street and stored in the assigned lunchroom.
- We do not have refrigerators available.
- Lunches must be packed together and in a box labeled with the group name.
- If your group is planning to purchase lunch to eat at our Eatery cafeteria, advanced notice is required as space is limited.
- Groups may book a planetarium show at the rate of $5 per guest for up to 120 guests. All guests, including chaperones, are subject to this rate. Groups of 121 or more must split into two different shows.
- Planetarium shows are approximately 25-minutes long and daily schedules vary.
- More Planetarium information
- When your group arrives, please enter via the main entrance at the top of the steps on the 20th Street side of the museum.
- All group members should have wristbands on before entering the museum.
- If you have not received your tickets or wristbands, or need to make changes to your reservation, send the group leader to check-in at the ticketing desk. Other group members should wait outside the main entrance or to the left of the Ben Franklin statue in Franklin Hall.
- Lunches can be taken in through the 20th Street business entrance, located at street level to the right of the main steps, for storage in your assigned lunchroom (see Lunches section below for additional information).
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your trip, please call 215.448.1200 or email email@example.com as soon as possible.
- We do not offer refunds for unused group tickets. If your group arrives with additional guests, the group leader must check-in at the ticket counter upon arrival and pay the new balance – group rates still apply.
- Payment in full is required three weeks prior to your visit. This gives us the opportunity to mail your tickets and will make your arrival significantly smoother and hassle-free.
- Your balance can be paid via credit card over the phone by calling 215.448.1200 (option 3). We are available daily from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Alternatively, your balance can be paid via check by mail. Checks can be sent to:
Attn: Group Sales
The Franklin Institute
222 North 20th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Drop-Off, Pick-Up and Parking
- Drop-Off: A ten-minute drop-off and pick-up zone is available in front of The Franklin Institute on 20th Street.
- Pick-Up: Please designate a meet-up place upon arrival so that your group is ready for pick-up at the end of your day. During pick-up, buses should not arrive until your group is ready to depart and should not block the area for other groups waiting to load.
- Bus Parking: There is no on-site parking affiliated with The Franklin Institute. Please let your driver know they can park at the following location, which is within a 15-minute drive of the museum. Fees may apply.
Callowhill Bus Center (215-546-1706), located on Callowhill Street between Second and Third Streets, Philadelphia, PA 19123.
- Coats should be left on the bus. We are unable to store coats at this time.
Emergencies, Lost Children and Lost and Found
- Should you need assistance, please visit the ticketing desk in the Atrium on the second floor of the building, the Security desk at the 20th Street entrance on the first floor, or ask any of our staff for assistance.
- Guests with limited mobility and wheelchairs can enter at the 20th street business entrance. Elevators to the 2nd floor are located to the left inside the business entrance.
- The Franklin Institute is dedicated to providing an experience that is accessible to all visitors. Learn More
Resources for Educators
- Access resources for educators, including educator exhibit guides and activity sheets.