Thank you for supporting The Franklin Institute! While the Institute is thrilled to reopen (slowly and safely) following our unprecedented COVID-19 closure, we still need your help! During the closure, we remained committed to making science education accessible for all through our robust Franklin@Home digital programming. Now that we are open again, we will continue our mission to inspire a passion for learning about science and technology within the walls of the museum and beyond. Your generous support makes all of this possible – thank you!
Today, more than ever, we must honor Benjamin Franklin’s legacy of scientific and civic engagement. Science and Today more than ever, we must honor Benjamin Franklin’s legacy of scientific and civic engagement. Science and technology are essential to cultivating young people’s curiosity, and to helping adults understand critical issues so they can make informed decisions. The Franklin Institute is committed to providing resources that enable students, families, and adults to engage with science and technology in creative ways that resonate with learners of all ages.
The Institute is incredibly proud of its role in the region and the positive impact felt by so many through our educational programs, visits to the Institute, and at events throughout Greater Philadelphia. To maintain these programs, and reach as many students, educators, and families as possible, each gift is a significant contribution.
Thank you for your philanthropic support ensuring the Institute’s long-term viability so we can remain a world-wide leader in promoting science and technology education. Through inspiring and engaging experiences that cultivate curiosity, critical thinking, and understanding of the crucial role science plays in our lives, we can create a more scientifically literate society prepared to solve problems long into the future.
THE IMPACT OF YOUR GIFT
Donors to the Franklin Fund have helped make the following possible in 2019/2020:
- Reached millions of households from March – July 2020 with virtual programming through Franklin@Home, including Spark of Science videos, Science Recipes, Science Storytime and other at-home workshops, and interactive Facebook chats with our staff scientists on COVID-19, astronomy, and environmental issues.
- Welcomed hundreds of thousands of schoolchildren on free and reduced cost field trips between September 2019 and March 2020.
- Supported more than 160 students in our Youth Education Programs – PACTS and STEM Scholars – multi-year, intensive science and technology-based outreach efforts designed to help underserved students foster their love of science and encourage pathways to STEM careers.
- Developed and maintained the exhibits, live shows, demonstrations, dissections, and activities that are enjoyed right here in Philadelphia on a daily basis by visitors from all around the region and all across the globe.
- And so much more – from keeping our lights on and our doors open, to engaging in the most important science conversations of our lifetimes, the Franklin Fund supports it all. Thank you!
If you have any questions, please contact the Development Office at 215.448.1130.
Thank you for your generous support!